First impressions have always mattered, and in the past it was all about the handshake. Now that we’ve entered the era of LinkedIn, virtual business, and online personal branding, a well-done business portrait can be as equally important as a firm grip.
A carefully chosen portrait is a key part of publicly representing yourself and your brand. As with all first impressions, your headshot should set the tone for who you are and what you’re about. It’s important that the image looks and feels like you, not how you think people want to see you. Luckily, the days of staged and stuffy "yearbook-like" headshots are over. Polished, genuine, and more relaxed portraits are in.
Here are some tips for putting your best face forward when booking a session at Teri Moy Studio, LLC:
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Show some personality and SMILE!
- Don’t wear anything with words or flashy patterns; stick to solids or subtle patterns.
- If your business doesn't require a suit, skip the suit and wear something that shows off your (work) style. Anything with a classic neckline should do the trick.
- Get dressed and do your hair and makeup, just like you would if you were heading off to an interview at the company of your choice.
- Tell me (before you arrive) the image you are trying to convey. What type business are you in? What is your corporate or business culture? Look at other photos of those in your company for samples to compare.
- Don’t be afraid to ask me / CALL me about any of these BEFORE you arrive.
- You can never go wrong with CLASSIC. It always wins, looks good and lasts.
- Update regularly—once a year is a good rule of thumb. A career change or branding adjustment may also mean an update is in order.
So what exactly sets our business portraits apart? When it comes to beautiful photography, there is more than meets the eye and Teri is a genuine artist when it comes to getting the perfect shot. She will make you feel comfortable so your portrait looks natural. Teri will photograph you, and your team, with a keen eye for lighting and angles to help further convey your professional branding. Teri Moy will create the image you & your company are trying to convey. Just as with a painting or music, a photo must be composed.